Following the red/orange trail of carrots, I also made a carrot cake. Carrot cake Universally approved needs no introduction. As an amateur baker I always look for distinguishing properties of any cake, what make a carrot cake the best in lot; soft, moist, dense and natural sweetness of carrots. Let’s bake a easy and filling carrot cake(before winter is gone). This recipe of from Nita Mehta’s book Cakes & Cookies, there are slight variations from the original recipe.
- Finely grated carrot – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Egg – 2
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Powdered sugar – 3/4 cup
- Vegetable oil – 1/2 cup
- Powdered cinnamon – 1/2 tsp
- Preheat oven at 160°C, grease(flour and butter) 9 inch round baking pan
- In one bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon powder
- In another medium size bowl beat eggs and powdered sugar until pale yellow and frothy
- Gradually add oil in egg and sugar mixture, while beating continuously, keep the mixture aside
- Add carrot to flour mix from step 1, like coating carrots with flour
- Finally add carrot-flour mixture to egg-sugar-oil mixture, mix with wooden spoon or whisk
- Pour cake mixture into baking pan and bake for 50-55 minutes in preheated oven. Check by inserting a toothpick in center of cake, if cake is done it should come out clean
Wouldn’t you agree Carrot Cake is best tea-time cake?
Oh and I finished Dexter! Finale season was worst of all, and the last episode was worst episode in the worst season, sigh!