How would I ever be able to thank my Mother and for that matter dear God for blessing me with bestest lady. I’m away from home trying to settle in new city, doing tit bit shopping, cribbing about lack of rest and what not. Dear Mom is visiting market every day, making list of invitees, posting out invitation cards, taking my request to buy this that, fixing everything. I hate to be away from home and not been able help Mom, my wedding vacation doesn’t start till 10th Feb. With so many things yet to be done, Mom has taken care of almost everything.
- Wedding invitation, card printed, dispatch started
- Lehenga (Finished lehengas were received last week, haven’t seen them yet)
- Make-up artist- Confirmed; Mom made appointment, cousin got the makeup done at the same salon and it was fab, so going with the same. This is not the one I visited for my engagement. I must tell that my engagement makeup was a disaster, will update the details in dedicated post
- Photographer (Done, brother needs to confirm)
- Mehndi artist (Confirmed, Mom made appointment). Below is the pic of my engagement mehndi, I din’t like it much, it was done by Bhabhi
- Make list of invitees, my friends. Including people in office and collecting theri email ids (it’s high time)
- Buy curtains for new home. Also some basic furniture, and household, first I must make a list *Sigh*
- Matching jewellery for wedding and reception lehenga
- A few more basic makeup. Have enough lipsticks, should get a foundation and compact. Also one spare kajal too, will pick up Lakme Eyconic one. Phew! Makeup list can be made on the go too 😀
- Golden hand clutch. Will buy only one for both the lehengas
- Footwear for wedding day – MIL bought one for me and she wants me to wear them, but I’m not sure that I would like it. So, I’m going to buy an extra pair myself. I’ve in mind how I want it to be, should be closed golden peep toes, with medium heels. Less heels for conform and I’m not confident that I would be able to carry heavy lehenga with high heels, also I do not want to look taller than A 😛
Exactly like the one in below picture but with peep toes
With so many more things to do and time running out of hand like sands, I must make proper plans to complete all the things before hand.
No matter how much I try I cannot escape the bling. Everyone wants everything on me to shine 😀
My dupattas (scarves) are no exception.
Since the day I’ve arrived in Indore we are going to market every single day, still by end of every day we feel something is left out to buy. There is this kinari shop that we have visited for three days in row. First Mom wanted to buy kinari for her dupatta, next day I needed diamonds for my dupatta and again next day I needed one bundle of kinari for myself. 😀
It so happened that we ended up visiting the same shop on all three days. If someone wants to shop all the bling stuff Bajaj khana chowk is the place to hit for. There were so many pretty things that I wanted to buy, but I resisted.
PS: All my hands are smeared with mehndi for tomorrow’s ceremony 🙂
Let me note down the details before I start forgetting them. First a good news is here, MIL has given the permission to choose the lehenga all by myself, yay! Me and Mom are weaving the dream dress for me, Mom and I are planning two days trip to Delhi sometime in next week for my wedding and wedding reception lehengas. Brother insists that we shop them from Bhopal, cause it is near to Indore and we can go there anytime we want, but I’m not sure if we would find a nice one in Bhopal, I’m gonna go on Delhi trip. Since Delhi is having lots of protest plus that killing ‘Delhi ki sardi’ (Delhi Winter) we may face some troubles, but I’m okay with that. Now for one thing we are sure is that, Nikah’s dress should be of red color (MIL has pressed on this) I’m okay with this. Mom always wanted me to have pink lehenga. Hence, I will be getting red one for Nikah and pink one for reception. Dress color decided one less thing to think about 🙂
I’ve taken a break for two weeks and I hope to complete all the shopping and whatever pre-wedding things would be there in this time. I will not be taking more vacation before wedding, it may happen that I come home just a day or two before the haldi ceremony. Hehehe… it’s funny but I think some other guest may arrive before the bride comes home. 😀 Can’t help it, working bride issues.
This weekend there A and his family will be coming my home and we will have sort of private engagement ceremony (Yay!). Less time and other things constrained us to not have a big party, Mom is sad about it cause she wanted to invite all of her relatives and have a bang engagement. I think a small one should be better, cause we have so many things to take care of and so little time, and here I want to tell that wedding date is fixed, its the second weekend of February. See, too little time, hence I’m happy with this small engagement ceremony.
Going to market with Mom to shop post lunch, again!
I have been keeping myself away from all the thought concerning lehenga. Why, you ask? Don’t girls start dreaming about how perfect their wedding lehenga will be since childhood? Yes yes, I have been imagining how it would be; the base-color, blouse color, metal work color, beads or diamonds (fake :D) and what not. But since I got engaged; oh yes let me tell you, I’m not engaged cause I do not have a ring on my finger. So is the reason I did not make an engagement blog-post cause it would be nothing but full of sad emoticons. I’m so sad about the fact that I won’t have my engagement ceremony, and all the dreams I woven around being engaged. In-laws said they do not have a ritual of engagement, I was like WTH. Parents have to bow to it and cancel our plan, thereby shattering all my dreams (ok, not all but most of them) in one strike. So, now I’m engaged in air.
So, the reason of me not thinking about lehenga is that I do not want to be more sad, like I became after the no-engagement ceremony. If tomorrow they come up with something like, ‘we have ritual of buying nikah dress from our side’ I would have to make Lehnga post full of sad and crying emoticons. If I get any lucky they will agree to let me buy it. I’ve asked Mum to talk to my mother in law about the same. Mum has promised she will try to convince them and let me choose my lehenga. Mum also said it would be better to talk about this only after we have fixed the date of wedding. Yes, families are still not sure about it, at the moment it can be a date from last two weekends of February.
It takes a lot of strength to not let the thoughts wonder in lehenga imaginations. Dear heart, please be aware that you’re deprived of this happiness only to save you from the huge heart-ache that would follow, should I not be allowed to decide my lehenga. Now, I’m waiting for the permission and praying with all my might to let me have this pleasure at least; after that big disappointment of engagement fiasco.